The Z3TH Combined Module is enlarging the scope of modules that can sit on top of the existing XY platforms. The Z3TH, 4 degrees of freedom module, provides 364° Theta rotation, double Z-axes, a coarse one for wafer loading and unloading, and a fine one for focus adjustment, as well as a Tip and Tilt correction over ±0.1°. This Z3TH module is a nice alternative to piezo based Z actuators, eliminating the hysteresis and non-linearity in open loop while offering better tracking error during movement, repeatability, and move and settle performance yet over much longer travels.
The Z3TH module is primarily dedicated to front-end type of applications and provides a right solution to cope with any applications requiring:
- Alignment between a process tool and a substrate
- Mapping of flatness
- Move and settle improvement
First applications are related to back-end lithography and wafer process control.
- 364° Theta rotation
- Tip and tilt correction over ±0.1° for leveling and for move and settle improvement
- Vacuum feed-through to the chuck level
- Double Z integration: coarse travel for loading/unloading and fine travel for focus adjustment
- ISO class 1 clean room compatibility
- Low radial axial and radial runout of ±1 µm