This platform, METIS, is a hybrid planar mechanical/air bearing platform dedicated to step and scan applications. It is a 6 axes platform moving in X, Y, Z and Theta directions. Dynamic flatness over the full travel as well as bidirectional repeatability are key parameters. This platform is currently used in:
- Wafer Process Control applications such as Critical Dimension and Thin film Metrology.
- Wafer scribing
- Wafer Laser Thermal Annealing
It might also be used in Back End Of Line Lithography machines (mask aligners) and in some wafer dicing application.
This platform features:
- Flatness of motion given by the air bearing
- Unlimited rotation in Theta
- Double Z integration: Coarse travel for loading/unloading and fine travel for focus adjustement
- Buit-in gravity compensator in Z
- Yaw correction can be done by slightly shifting the Y1 and Y2 motors
- Can be further integrated with an Active Isolation System fully controlled by ETEL
- Travels in X and Y can be made longer with some limitations on the performance