ETEL worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance motion control components and high-end mechatronic motion systems based in Môtiers, and 100% dedicated to direct drive solutions.
We currently call upon a growing diversity of skills which take part in the exciting adventure of our international activity. Contribute to our growth!
During this internship the candidate will be responsible to tackle the thermal effects and according compensation in high precision stages. The position will be based in Biel.
We are looking for
- An organized, structured, and rigorous person with self-initiative and proactive attitude;
- Pragmatic, open-minded and willing to learn;
- Able to work in a team, but also autonomously.
We offer you
- An internshipin an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment.
- Develop and implement a compensation method to reduce thermo-elastic impact in a high precision positioning system ;
- Implement a model based approach in real time, to accommodate for the tool surface drifts especially due to inhomogeneous deformation of the supporting and guiding structures.
The work can be divided into three work packages:
- Consolidation of Experimental Data : Post processing of thermal measurement and mapping tool point measurement onto machine deformation (Homogeneous and Inhomogeneous) ;
- Modelling: Improve existing model (e.g. based Finite Element Model, or other method and validation based on experimental data) ;
- Thermal Compensation: Model simplification (e.g. model order reduction), and real time Implementation of dynamic look up table to correct thermal effect.
- Solid knowledge in heat transfer and thermo-elasticity ;
- Knowledge in: Direct Drive system and Finite Element (ANSYS) ;
- Proficiency with MATLAB and Simulink ;
- Student in BSc. or MSc. in Mechanical Eng. or related field ;
- Fluent written and spoken English, French is an advantage ;
- Good communication skills is a plus ;
- Passionate for R&D and high-tech systems.
Do you want to take up this challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application! Please complete the online form, following the link: Apply here
If you are selected, you will be invited to discover our company and let us discover your talents. If not, you will be informed in due course.